Visiting History Exhibits/ Collections Education/ Teacherís Resources Donate/ Volunteer Events
Click Here for Our Newsletter

History of the Building and Museum

The building in which the Flagg Township Museum is now housed was originally built in 1884 as the City and Town Hall which also included the fire and police stations. After City and Town Hall outgrew this building, it was scheduled to be torn down and used as a parking lot. The Flagg Township Historical Society quickly expressed interest in using the building as a museum. City and Town Hall generously "sold" the building to the Society for $1.00.

Architectural aspects of the building's original function, including the jail cell and historical fire station doors, are still conserved within the Museum.




        
518 4th Avenue, Rochelle, IL 61068     (815) 562-3040     mail@flaggtownshipmuseum.org